Most of the patient who visits our dental clinic have these questions often about how to brush their teeth ..…which toothpaste is good and what all things are supposed to be done to maintain good oral hygiene so we are here to answer all these questions which shall help everyone to keep there teeth health.
The first and very important thing is to brush your teeth regularly twice or once if done properly. Most people have no idea how to brush their teeth properly and hence have so many teeth issues.
Things to Remember While Brushing:
- Always use ultra-soft or soft bristle toothbrushes of a good brand make sure the bristle are soft, using a hard bristle brush often leads to tooth abrasion i.e. tooth wear leading to teeth sensitivity.
- Make sure you use simple toothpaste without any abrasive agent i.e. silica for extra teeth whitening ..using such toothpaste containing silica abrades teeth and leads to teeth sensitivity.
- Always use interdental floss to make sure to remove any deposits in between your teeth which is a major cause of teeth decay. Maximum decay occurs in between the teeth so flossing your teeth regularly reduces any chances of teeth decay
Read More: How to Clean Your Gums and Teeth
Don’t use mouthwash on a regular basis ..use it only when prescribed by your dentist. Most of us have the habit of using mouthwash immediately after brushing thinking it has added advantage to brushing…mouthwash is
- supposed to be used either one hour after or one hour prior to brushing as the content of mouthwash nullifies the effect of toothpaste and does not affect likewise
- While using toothpaste make sure to use it in pea-size and make sure to press it inside the bristle as most of us apply it just on the surface of the bristle which usually gets wasted once we spit after the first brushing stroke.
- Different toothpaste is available for children..kindly refrain from using the same. Cherryblossom and Pigeon chest toothpaste have a good amount of fluoride and can be used for children…in fact, make sure to brush your baby’s teeth as soon as they are seen in the oral cavity.
- Avoid a diet with high sugar and carbohydrate as they are the main cause of tooth cavities.
- Many studies have related oral conditions to other major systemic conditions so always remember to keep good oral health shall always have a good general health state.
- Most importantly visit your dentist every six months to make sure your teeth are in a healthy state.
For more details call us at +91 9762126132 or visit us at Pathak Dental Clinic
Pathak Dental Clinic
- 11/11 Akurdi Chikhli Road, Near Dwarka Collection,
Kasturi market, Sambhaji Nagar, Thermax Chowk,
Below Nutan Jewellers, Chinchwad, Pune,
Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411019
- Get Direction