A blog about the dental health of children and how you can improve their oral health.
- “ Smile while you still have teeth.” It’s rightly said that the first thing a person notices about you is your smile. What makes a smile beautiful? Your teeth. Human teeth have basic aesthetic and functional value.
- Maintaining a children’s smile is a big test because one can explain to an adult easily but explaining to children is not an easy task.
- Dental hygiene of children is as important as adults.
- Milk teeth are the basics of healthy and cavity-free permanent teeth.
- Nowadays, Dental problems are very common in children due to various factors.
- This blog shall give you quick tricks and tactics to maintain a young one’s oral health.
- Children walk on the footprints of their parents. So it is easy for parents to teach their children several good habits that’ll protect their teeth from various diseases in the future.
7 TIPS AND TRICKS / 7 GOLDEN RULES :
A child’s best friend: toothpaste and toothbrush:
- In Newborn babies, clean his/her teeth with a soft cloth after feeding to avoid diseases of the gum.
- Teach children to brush their teeth regularly twice a day. Build up this habit of brushing after getting up and brushing before going to bed.
- Look after a child’s diet. This may sound simple and short but it is very important.
- Limit the intake of sugar-containing food like – chocolates, jellies, candy, and junk food. Excessive sugar can make a home for bacteria and microorganisms where they can cause cavities and gum problems.
Fluoride: Enemy of caries and bacteria :
The fluoride application technique can be useful for Preventing caries in your children. Fluoride gel is applied in four sitting at the age of 5,7,9, and 11 years respectively. Fluoridated toothpaste can be used to prevent cavities in your children.
Importance of flossing :
Children should be taught about the flossing technique. The habit of flossing can be taught from a small age. It is the responsibility of parents to teach their children.
A brief description of flossing is mentioned in the previous blog.
- Rinsing is as important as brushing and flossing.
- After every meal, children should rinse their teeth properly. This will prevent the accumulation of food or debris in between teeth.
- As the debris is cleaned, There’s the prevention of caries and other oral diseases.
Treatment at right time :
- Children’s oral cavity should be checked every once in a while.
- In case there is an appearance of any black spot, or more specifically, any carries then that children should be taken to a dentist as soon as possible.
- Carries lead to the formation of cavities which are responsible for further destruction Of teeth.
- Cavities must be filled immediately as they can progress further.
- Children should be taken to a dentist after every 6 months for a dental checkup.
- Habits like thumb sucking, night grinding, and Bruxism can affect the eruption of permanent teeth. Consult your dentist if such habits are observed.
How to make oral hygiene an important subject of children’s life :
- Children should be exposed to videos or books which contain interesting pictures describing the importance of oral health.
- Compete with Your child Like,“ Who cleans it better?”
- Play songs while brushing to make it Fun and enjoyable.
- Make your child friendly with your dentist to reduce the fear.
- Keep children aware of dental procedures to make them curious. A child’s mind is always ready to grasp new knowledge and thus curiosity keeps them busy.
- There are small, creative, and colorful brushes available to make brushing interesting and playful for children.
For any dental issue or dental-related problem, you can visit us on our website www.pathakdentalclinic.com, or call us @9762126132
Find the clinic here: Get direction
Address: 11/11 Akurdi Chikhli Road, Near Dwarka Collection, Kasturi market, Sambhaji Nagar, Thermax Chowk, Below Nutan Jewellers, Chinchwad, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411019